Interview English LessonsDescription: This card set contains 127 audio & text lessons.
1. Tell me a little about yourself.
2. What are your strengths?
3. What are your weaknesses?
4. What are your short term goals?
5. What are your long term goals?
6. What do you want to be doing five years from now?
7. If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be and why?
8. What does success mean to you?
9. What does failure mean to you?
10. Are you an organized person?
11. In what ways are you organized and disorganized?
12. Do you manage your time well?
13. How do you handle change?
14. How do you make important decisions?
15. Do you work well under pressure?
16. Are you better at anticipating or reacting to problems
17. Are you a risk taker or do you like to stay away from risks?
18. Why should I hire you?
19. Tell me about Q's... / Tell me about a time you made a mistake.
20. Tell me about a time you made a good decision.
21. Tell me about a time you made a poor decision.
22. Tell me about a time you fired someone.
23. Tell me about a time you hired someone.
24. Tell me about a time you failed to complete an assignment on time.
25. Tell me about a time you found a solution to save the company money.
26. Tell me about a time you aimed too high.
27. Tell me about a time you aimed too low.
28. Tell me about a time you made a great sale.
29. Tell me about a time you went over budget.
30. If you could start your career over again, what would you do differently?
31. During your performance reviews, what criticism do you hear the most?
32. Tell me about your last three positions?
33. Tell me about your last position?
34. What is your management philosophy?
35. What was your favorite job?
36. Tell me about the best manager you ever had.
37. Tell me about the worst manager you ever had.
38. What could you have done to improve your relationship with a manager you didn't like?
39. What were the most memorable accomplishments in your last position?
40. Why do you want to leave your current job?
41. Where did you tell your boss you were going?
42. Are you currently employed at the last place listed on your resume?
43. What is the title of the person you report to?
44. In your previous position, how much time did you spend ...
45. If you don't leave your current job, what do you imagine you will be doing in several years?
46. If you're very happy with your current job, why do you want to leave?
47. If you have problems or complaints with your current job, why haven't you brought it to their attention?
48. Give me a specific example at your last position where...
49. What do you feel an employer owes an employee?
50. What do you expect from your manager?
51. Would you like to have your boss's job?
52. What did you hear about us?
53. What do you know about our product?
54. Have you managed people in any of the positions you've held?
55. What types of people do you have trouble getting along with?
56. Who do you think are our two major competitors?
57. Why do you like sales?
58. Do you see that stapler? Convince me to buy it.
59. How long have you been looking for a job?
60. Why haven't you received any offers so far?
61. If you don't understand your assignment and you can't reach your boss, what would you do?
62. If everyone on the team is a veteran, what will you do to fit in?
63. How do you intend to learn what you need to know to perform well for this job?
64. If your supervisor tells you to do something that you believe can be done in a different way, what would you do?
65. If you're told to do something that you feel is illegal, what would you do?
66. If you were unfairly criticized, what would you do?
67. What are you looking to gain from your next job?
68. What aspects of this job interest you the most?
69. If you are given work from your manager that is boring and tedious, what will you do?
70. How long do you plan on staying with this company?
71. How do you explain the fact that you frequently change jobs?
72. Tell me about a time you had a big disagreement with your boss.
73. What do you do when there is no work to do?
74. What do you do when there are too many things to do?
75. What do you do when you feel burned out?
76. How do you balance both your family and your job?
77. You've been with one company your entire career. Don't you think you will have a tough time adjusting to a new environment?
78. What have you heard about our company that you didn't like?
79. Do you want to work for a small or large company and why?
80. What extracurricular activities were you involved in?
81. Why did you choose your major?
82. If you redo college again, what would you major in?
83. What course did you like the most?
84. What course did you like the least?
85. How will your performance in your worst class affect your performance on this job?
86. How would your best friend describe you?
87. How would your professor describe you?
88. How would your mother describe you?
89. Why are you applying for a job that you didn't major in?
90. During college, how did you spend your summer vacations?
91. What did you learn from your internship?
92. Did you do any internships?
93. If you could learn something such as a new skill, what would it be?
94. What do you do when you're having difficulty solving a problem?
95. What do you do when you have a problem with a direct?
96. What do you do when you have a problem with your boss?
97. What do you do when you have a problem with your job?
98. What do you do when you have a problem with a co-worker?
99. How do you handle conflict?
100. Have you fired anyone?
101. What do you do when a worker is giving the team more problems than helping?
102. When do you know enough is enough when dealing with a subordinate that doesn't seem to be helping?
103. Do you like to work by yourself or with others?
104 . How do you get along...
105. Do you have any physical problems that may limit your ability to perform this job?
106. What do you do to stay in shape?
107. What do you like to do when you're not in the office?
108. What's the most recent book you read?
109. What is the most recent movie you saw?
110. Did you have any trouble finding this place?
111. Will working on weekends be a problem?
112. How do you feel about overtime?
113. Have you filed for bankruptcy?
114. Do you own or rent your home?
115. Do you have any outside income?
116. Do you earn any income from investments or hobbies?
117. Are you willing to travel?
118. Are you willing to relocate?
119. May I contact your current employer?
120. May I contact your references?
121. Is there anything else you want to add?
122. What kind of salary are you looking for?
123. That's a high salary for this position! Where did you come up with that figure?
124. How much do you currently get paid?
125. When are you able to start?
126. Are you considering any other offers right now?
127. Asking Questions
Tip: While learning select any strange (or forgotten) word then press CTRL + F keyboard shortcut to search for it's card and also to get it's translation or pronunciation.